Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ministry

Ministry is hard.  Know that?  Some people, well, they just have a gift.  Or maybe they're just irrepressibly evangelistic or "ministry-al-istic."  I think most of us Christians know or at least have met somebody like that.  Sometimes you love them and sometimes you hate them, but you know who I'm talking about.  I think it's hard for the rest of us to see where we fit.

Since obviously I'm not a pastor.

Or a street evangelist.

Or even a good door-knocker. 

And I don't know about you but I live here in the Belt Buckle of the Bible Belt and everyone seems to be Christian of one sort or another.  Maybe they're saved or maybe they're not, but they are Christians and you'd better not deny it! 

And I'm so so so busy.  Well I could be busier, I admit that, but I'm not sure I want to be.  I wonder if there's any good books like Ministry for Busy People.  Cause I could stand to read it if it exists.  I haven't found yet where my "niche" for ministry is yet.  I can't just talk to anyone about anything; and the old "if you're excited enough about it, you will talk about it" adage for witnessing simply doesn't work for me.  More likely for me is, "if you're excited about it, you won't talk about it"! 

I like kids.  And I wonder if kids and families might be where my niche is.  Not that I've found a way to really utilize that ability, but still . . .

Where do you find your "niche" for ministry?

No comments: