Five weeks! This memorizing thing also provides a wonderful way to count down how many weeks it's been since January started. :)
My theme for this week is prayer; here are the texts I'm memorizing:
- Sunday: 2 Chronicles 7:15--"'Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place.'"
- Monday: Jonah 2:7--"'“When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the Lord; and my prayer went up to You, into Your holy temple.'"
- Tuesday: James 5:16--"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.'"
- Wednesday: Acts 6:4--"But we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”
- Thursday: Psalm 88:2--"Let my prayer come before You; incline Your ear to my cry."
- Friday: Proverbs 15:29--"The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous."
- Saturday: Philippians 4:6--"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God."
If you'd like to join me in memorizing, just leave a comment! You'll be very welcome and you don't have to "play catch-up" if you don't want to.