Saturday, January 28, 2012

Verses & Tips, Week 5


Five weeks!  This memorizing thing also provides a wonderful way to count down how many weeks it's been since January started. :)

My theme for this week is prayer; here are the texts I'm memorizing:
  • Sunday:  2 Chronicles 7:15--"'Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place.'"
  • Monday: Jonah 2:7--"'“When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the Lord; and my prayer went up to You, into Your holy temple.'"
  • Tuesday: James 5:16--"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.'"
  • Wednesday: Acts 6:4--"But we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”
  • Thursday: Psalm 88:2--"Let my prayer come before You; incline Your ear to my cry."
  • Friday: Proverbs 15:29--"The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous."
  • Saturday: Philippians 4:6--"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God."
Today's tip is sticky notes!  Not all of us use books a lot, but some of us spend lots of time at one area of the house or office or wherever you spend your days . . . maybe in front of the mirror or in front of a certain window, by the kitchen stove, at a desk, or on the computer.  Any of those places is a great place to put a sticky note with today's verse on it.  And then you can add another one when tomorrow comes! Plus, by writing the verse out on the sticky, you're helping to solidify it in your memory.  One warning: sticky notes do not stick on wallpaper.  I discovered that the hard way.  So stay with mirrors and windows and computer screens and things like that.  


If you'd like to join me in memorizing, just leave a comment!  You'll be very welcome and you don't have to "play catch-up" if you don't want to.

No comments: