Saturday, January 7, 2012

Verses & Tips, Week 2


It's the weekend again!  I am so grateful God has given us one special day a week to spend with Him.

Yesterday I looked at the list for this week; I am on the theme of believing for the next seven days.  I'm looking forward to some challenging, inspiring texts!  Here are the verses I'm memorizing:

  • Sunday--Mark 9:23: "Jesus said to him, 'If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.'"
  • Monday--Habakkuk 1:5: "Look among the nations and watch--be utterly astounded!  For I will work a work in your days which you would not believe, though it were told you."
  • Tuesday--Romans 10:14:  "How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed?  And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard?"
  • Wednesday--Mark 9:24:  "Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, 'Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!'"
  • Thursday--1 John 3:23:  "And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment."
  • Friday--Hebrews 11:6:  "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."
  • Saturday--Psalm 119:66:  "Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe Your commandments."
Now for a tip or two!  What do you do with that empty space I leave on the bookmarks?  Well, one thing is to fill it with the first letters of each word in the verse; you can also include punctuation.  This is my personal favorite way to learn and review long passages.  Here's a picture of a section from John "translated" into the first-letter-reviewing method:
You can do a similar thing (on a smaller scale) with each of these verses!  For example, here's one of last week's bookmarks with this method in use:
(Sorry my computer refused to rotate it; and yes, if you are wondering, that is Spanish, not English.)

That isn't the only thing you can do with that empty space, though.  Next week we'll discuss more things to do with it! :)

(If you want to join 366 Verses, 366 Days and join me in the delights and benefits of memorizing God's Word, just drop me a comment!  You can join at any time and don't even need to "play catch-up" if you don't want to.)

No comments: