Want to be sinless? To have a built-in guard against bad thoughts and actions? Then hide God's Word in your heart! I don't believe that memorizing is the only way to do this; in fact, if you just memorize the Bible like you'd memorize science definitions in grade school, it won't do you very much good. But if you actually hide it in your heart--think of moving all the junk out of a corner of your closet, tucking in a Christmas present, and carefully covering it back up--then the Word of God is the most powerful weapon against sin and Satan.
This week my theme for memorization is God's all-knowing nature. Again, I'm looking forward to great verses to hide in my heart! Here's what I'm memorizing:
- Sunday--Psalm 44:21: "Would not God search this out? For He knows the secrets of the heart."
- Monday--Nahum 1:7: "The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him."
- Tuesday--Daniel 2:22: "He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, and light dwells with Him."
- Wednesday--2 Timothy 2:19: "Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: 'The Lord knows those who are His,' and, 'Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.'
- Thursday--Psalm 37:18: "The LORD knows the days of the upright, and their inheritance shall be forever."
- Friday--Job 23:10: "But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold."
- Saturday--1 John 3:20: "For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things."