The theme this week is God's gift of courage, of not being afraid. What a wonderful thing to memorize! I'm definitely looking forward to these texts.
- Sunday--Joshua 1:9: "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
- Monday--Acts 18:9-10: "Now the Lord spoke to Paul in the night by a vision, 'Do not be afraid, but speak, and do not keep silent; 10 for I am with you, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city.'"
- Tuesday--Matthew 14:27: "But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, 'Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.'"
- Wednesday--Luke 2:10: "Then the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.'"
- Thursday--Psalm 56:11: "In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
- Friday--Revelation 1:17: "And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, 'Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.'"
- Saturday--Exodus 14:13: "And Moses said to the people, 'Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever.'"
If you would like to join me in memorizing this year, just leave a comment! You don't have to "play catch-up" if you don't want to, and I would love to have your company!