Saturday, February 4, 2012

Verses & Tips, Week 6

I must say that this memory project isn't the easiest thing I've ever done!  But the rewards when I actually am thinking on a verse most of the day are really great.  I wish I'd had more time to write about my favorite verses for the last couple weeks, but alas, no time 'twas granted.

The verses I'm memorizing this week have the theme of things that please God.  Of course, there are lots of things that please God, so this is just a smattering of verses!  But I think it'll be interesting memorizing.  Here goes!
  • Sunday: Proverbs 16:7--"When a man’s ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him."
  • Monday: Mark 1:11--"Then a voice came from heaven, 'You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.'"
  • Tuesday: Isaiah 55:11--"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."
  • Wednesday: Psalm 40:13--"Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me; O Lord, make haste to help me!"
  • Thursday: 1 Samuel 12:22--"For the LORD will not forsake His people, for His great name’s sake, because it has pleased the LORD to make you His people."
  • Friday: John 8:29--"And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him."
  • Saturday: 1 Corinthians 12:18--"But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased." 
Looks like some great memorizing this next week! :)  I'll be posting another tip ASAP when I get time! 

If you'd like to join me in memorizing, just leave me a comment--you'll be very welcome to join in!  You can join at any time and don't have to "play catch-up" if you don't want to!  

No comments: