Monday, February 13, 2012

Prayer

I have been asking God to "let me see."  Let me see how He sees--people, events, what goes on in this world.  To have His heart. 

And He has.  And then I find myself looking at Him and saying, "okay, what do I do now?!" 

Pray.

My friend has a cyst about to rupture; they need to do almost-emergency surgery.
Pray.

My boss's daughter falls at school and breaks multiple bones, right after a major leg surgery.
Pray.

My grandmother breaks her pelvis in two places and can't take care of my grandfather any more and what are we going to do?
Pray.

It gets to sounding almost corny, but the truth is that prayer is power and I am asking Him now for the courage to pray with people and not just for them.  And to continue opening my eyes.  Because it is really a life-changing experience and I'm so so grateful He is showing me this!

No comments: