Friday, March 29, 2013

Facebook, Yoga, the Bible, and Getting Up (1)

Hi, my name is Briana, and I'm a sleep-aholic.

I'm naturally more of a morning person than a night person, but I still struggle getting up. I could make excuses and say that it's different getting up at 4:30 to 5:00--that most college kids are lucky to roll out of bed by 7--but that's beside the point. What does it matter when the alarm clock goes off, if I don't get out of bed when it does?

In interests of learning to get up, I read an article the other day about how to make yourself a morning person. This particular person said that one thing that made them into an early bird was being part of a certain yoga group that met every morning at 6 a.m. In order to get to work after the yoga meeting, this person had to learn to get up early and function at that time!

So I started thinking about what would get me up early. I came up with a bunch of things that wouldn't. . .
  • Not school--if I desperately have to get school done, I will get up, but with my new techniques of hitting it hard over the weekend to wipe out a good chunk of routine activities, I don't usually desperately have to get it done. 
  • Not exercise--when I'm half-asleep in bed, exercise is the last thing I want to do!
  • Not my animals--though animals would get me out of bed, I don't have any at the moment that really require that. 
  • Not worship. Ow. But it's true. Worship does not motivate me to get up earlier. This is a problem.
A big problem.

(To be continued. . . )

No comments: