Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What Inspires Me

Different things inspire all of us. Perhaps if you know me or if you've read some of my previous posts you've learned that my goal is to be a missionary...wherever I end up in the world. So in pictures and words, here are just a few things that inspire me.

Playing on the "blob" at summer camp in the U.S. It's amazing how Christian summer camps impact the kids who come to them. I've experienced it myself and this summer I hope to be a part of that experience for someone else! Camp can show God to kids like almost nothing else can!


Unloading trucks for a medical clinic in the U.S. Maybe I'm not a nurse (yet), but pointing out lines on an eye chart is pretty simple. And you never know when you might get the opportunity to witness to the people you're serving--or to your fellow staff members!


Schoolgirls in Belize. Need I say I love kids, no matter what country they're from? :) Sharing God's love...being the hands and feet and arms of Jesus...that's what really matters!


The city in Lima, Peru. "People live in those things?!" Yes they do...not all of those buildings have roofs and I don't think a single one is what many of you would think of as an "acceptable" house. How many of those people have ever had the chance to hear the gospel?


Birds-eye view of "jungly" area in Belize. Flying over the jungle is amazing--you can hardly see a sign of people anywhere, yet they're down there! Someone has to find them and give them the good news of salvation in Jesus.


Heading under the canopy on a Peruvian river, en route to a jungle village. Peru is where I received my call to missions, and it still holds a special place in my heart.

So many people in this world! Do we really want Jesus to return soon? Really?
"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Matt. 24:14) It's not impossible...we have Jesus' power to see us through! Nothing is impossible with God, no matter what country you're in.

That's what inspires me. What about you?

No comments: