Saturday, October 22, 2011

Worship

(Image from Hubblesite.com)

Worship...true worship...such a wonderful thing.

I've gotten to experience a little bit of it the past few weeks. Started attending a different church service--there are so many churches in our area, 'tis not even funny, so I have lots of options. ;) But oh--so beautiful. So wonderful. Refreshing and humbling and just amazing. Everything is quiet, first service (9:00) so there are hardly any people. And we sing. Only one or two songs, usually a hymn.  I love hymns. Used to hate them, but I've changed my taste or something because I love them now.

Oh, that old rugged cross
So despised by the world
Has a wondrous attraction for me
For the dear Lamb of God
Left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary!

So I'll cherish the old rugged cross
Till my trophies at last I lay down
I will cling to the old rugged cross
And exchange it someday for a crown.

Is that not something beautiful? He left it all--ALL--glory and honor and power and loveliness and adoration I can't even imagine--and He left it for me. Because He loved me from the foundation of the world. He is utterly, unfathomably amazing.

And I complain when He tells me "no" for my own best good. I complain when He shuts a door I shouldn't enter. Why am I so ungrateful? Why am I so untrusting?

No comments: