Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Teacher Diaries: Countdown

So. Six days from today I'll be starting long-term intensive placements!

Intensives is a three-week period during the infamous "Methods Block" in which all of us elementary majors spend all day, four days a week (Fridays are debrief day), in pairs in K-4 classrooms. My friend S and I will be going downtown to a little multi-grade school in an urban area and spending the time in their grades 1-4 room!

I'm feeling super excited and encouraged as I have wanted to teach multi-grade for a long time and this will be my second long-term multi-grade placement! I am really feeling God's encouragement and leading in this and can't wait to see how it turns out! Hope to write down some of what happens so I can remember. Tomorrow is orientation day, so I'll probably be writing about that later. :)

1 comment:

TN Quiltbug said...

Yea! Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you. My favorite teaching job was a grades 1-3 classroom. Lots of happy memories! One of my 2nd grade students ended up as my flower girl that year!